Search engine marketing or optimization is a term that refers to enhancing the amount and the quality of traffic of a website. Basically any search engine, and here Google is the most common of examples, shows result pages with the websites that include the required information. The higher your website pages show up in the search engine's results, the better your search engine marketing or optimization is.
Also, if the found and displayed pages have higher rankings this equals a higher number of users, and thus better traffic. Search engine optimization may have various targets depending on what the engine has been created for; it can target the industry, local data, images, and lots of other fields of interest. When looking for for search engines, you may find that they are grouped into categories with targets varying from general interest to legal or medical matters.
Our search engine optimization services have transformed SEO into an Internet marketing strategy because we consistently ask "what is search engine marketing" and study the answer as they are always changing. How has that been done? Well, it is important to know what people are looking for and what kind of information they want to find. When this aspect becomes clear, optimization of the site follows and this is carried out by editing or modifying the content of the page so that relevant and looked for keywords are included in it. Search engines also create indexing, hence, the search engine optimization of the site also means doing away with the barriers that are specifically preventing your page from getting indexed by a search engine.
One thing to answer when asking the question "what is search engine marketing": Search engine optimization services should also be analyzed in terms of the technique that's used to perform the search. There are some techniques used by sites that search engines approve of and others that they do not. In addition to this approval or disapproval issue, search engine optimization also aims at downplaying the effect of those techniques that are considered bad in design.
Perhaps the most important part of SEO and the true answer to your question, "what is search engine marketing", is something that many people are not even aware of and it's called "off-page optimization". Essentially, it works like this. If you have a web page thatsomeone finds of value, they will link from their website, blog, social networking page (like Facebook), etc. to your web page. The major search engines such as Google think of this link as a kind of "vote" in favor of your site. The more links you get then the more popular your site appears so it gets ranked higher.
Additionally, not all links are given the same value. If you get a link from "Joe's Rants and Raves" it doesn'tcarry as much weight as getting a link from say, eBay. In fact, Google uses a ranking called Page Rank ("PR" for short) that's kind of like the Richter Scale. A PR6 site is like 1,000 times more valuable than a link from a PR1 site.
Therefore, also when answering the question "what is search engine marketing", the techniques and the people who employ them split into two groups; the "white hat" group include sites with a good friendly design while the so-called "black hat" group that gets the ban. Search engine optimization services may transform a site to the point of transferring it from the black hat to the white hat group. This optimization can achieve a clear cut distinction between white hat and black hat engines. White hat engines display constant and consistent search results, while with the black hat search engines have gaps in the page rankings and other inconveniences due to the illegal practices used to create and promote the web sites.
Search engine marketing and optimization services (ours included) use various tools to place links on these high PR sites back to your site. Generally, we do this by creating high quality content such as articles and videos and posting it all over the Internet on sites that desire it. However, like we mentioned earlier, if you don't provide high-quality, valuable content to your visitors, it won't matter how many people visit your site. After all, isn't the point of being in business to make money by giving customers value?
So, To Stay Out Of Trouble With The Search Engines And To Have Long Term Success Online:
- Want the best answer to "what is search engine marketing?" Create a site that gives your visitors value. Give them content, traffic will come which you can presell and build trust with that content and then finally make a sale to the visitor. Try to sell too early and you will lose them for good.
- Employ only "white hat" search engine marketing methods of optimizing your site. Here's a simple rule: if you feel that what you are doing is wrong or violates the spirit of the search engines, then the practice will be banned eventually if it isn't banned already.
- Stay away from any "black hat" search engine marketing methods... they are not the answer to "what is search engine marketing?" They only work for a limited time and can get you banned from the search engines. Get banned from Google and you can kiss 70% of your traffic goodbye!
- Create more and more great, fresh content and people will return and link to your site. Information! Information! Information! That's what drives the Internet and is the primary answer to your question... what is search engine marketing?!
- Participate on high PR sites and let people know about your site. Present yourself as an expert on other sites and other members of those sites will visit your site and build links back to it. Also, ask other people what they believe the answer to "what is search engine marketing"? You'll be surprised about many people have no clue.
Thanks to everyone who has read this article. We certainly hope that we've answered your question, "what is search engine marketing?" Please keep browsing through our other articles on search engine marketing and optimization. And if you are need of our spectacular yet affordable search engine marketing services or if you have another question similar to "what is search engine marketing", then give us a call at 619-495-3537.
Got A Concern Or Guidance About What Is Search Engine Marketing We Didn't Cover At This Point? Inform Us!
We'd love it if you would ask any questions that you possibly have or share any useful information and advice about what is search engine marketing that you might know.